We are a document preparation firm in San Bernardino County, California, but we help clients throughout California.
Our Intake Specialist
Need to mail something to us? Papers for Court, 8725 Yuba Road, Phelan, CA 92371
To help minimize the spread of Covid, our office doors are not open, but we are. We can help you over the phone, via text, through e-mail, through video chat, or through just about any communication system you like. We accept most forms of payment, and we are able to accept electronic signatures for most documents.
Not every paralegal can prepare every type of document, so we have multiple paralegals. Some specialize in family law pleadings, some specialize in evictions, some specialize in criminal law pleadings, and some specialize in civil pleadings. If we can’t help with the type of pleadings you need, we will try to send you to someone who can. In addition, we do legal research and technical analysis of evidence. If it relates to the legal field, we can help on most types of cases, but by law, some of our services are only provided to attorneys.
However, not everyone should hire us. We do a lot, but there are some matters that we don’t work on, and some matters that are better handled by others. To see a list of matters better handled by others, click here.
We are headquartered in San Bernardino County and are available to meet clients in San Bernardino, Loma Linda, Big Bear Lake, Riverside, Yucaipa, Adelanto, Muscoy, Phelan, Needles, Baker, Fontana, Rialto, Barstow, Upland, Chino Hills, Montclair, Victorville, Rancho Cucamonga, Ontario, Hesperia, and nearby areas in the High Desert as well, but most matters can be handled over the phone, by video chat, and/or through e-mail, so we are able to prepare state pleadings for clients throughout California. We conduct legal research for attorneys in any jurisdictions throughout the country. If you are outside our normal travel range and need in-person service, we will try to refer you to a more appropriate paralegal service.
Supreme Court Strikes Down Moratorium – August 26, 2021
We’re still doing evictions. We never stopped. The eviction moratorium is over, but not really.
On August 26, 2021, the United States Supreme Court struck down the federal eviction moratorium, explaining “The moratorium has put… millions of landlords across the country, at risk of irreparable harm by depriving them of rent payments with no guarantee of eventual recovery… If a federally imposed eviction moratorium is to continue, Congress must specifically authorize it.”
This decision has little, if any, impact on California landlords and tenants because the California moratorium, and the moratoriums in many cities and counties, remain. Nonetheless, we continue to successfully file evictions for cause as well as for non-payment of rent where the non-payment is not the result of Covid-19.
The Supreme Court’s full decision can be read here.
We primarily assist with evictions, family law, guardianships, expungements, criminal sealing orders, name changes, and restraining orders, but through our local network of paralegals and experts, we can assist you with a wide variety of services:
Family Law Pleadings
- All first paper documents (Petition, Summons, etc.) for initial dissolution filings
- Disclosures (Income and Expense Declaration, Schedule of Assets and Debts, etc.)
- Order to Show Cause filings for specific contested issues
- All discovery documents including motions
- Arrears, spousal support, and child support
- Judgment packets with stipulated attachment or Marital Settlement Agreement
Evictions (Unlawful Detainers)
- Required notices (3 day, 15 day, 30 day, and 60 day)
- All first paper documents (Petition, Summons, etc.)
- Lock-out orders
- Guardianship package
- Objection to guardianship
- Sealing Order
- Petition to Dismiss (Expungement)
- Petition to Reduce Charges
- Quash restraining order
- California Statutory Will
- Power of Attorney
- Advanced Healthcare Directive with notarization and witnesses
Other Civil Matters
- Civil Restraining Order
- Summons and Complaint – Limited Civil
- Name Change
- Other civil pleadings, answers to discovery, etc.
Other Services (Some services are only for attorneys)
- Criminal and quasi-criminal
- State Motions – Suppression, Discovery, Pitchess, 995, Murgia, Return of Property, Bail, etc.
- Federal Motions – All Rule 12 Motions, Rule 33 Motion for New Trial, Rule 35 Sentence Corrections, etc.
- Demurrer – Misjoinder, Failure to State, etc.
- Criminal Writ Petitions – Prohibition, Mandamus, Habeas, Nobis, etc.
- Appeals – Misdemeanor Superior Court Appeals, State Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit Appeals
- Administrative Mandamus – DMV License Reinstatement
- Computer Services
- Video, audio, and photograph conversion
- Video, audio, and photograph enhancement
- Facebook and other social media analysis
- Expert testimony
- Client data management systems
- OCR conversion
- Other computer services
- Witness interviews
- Jail calls
- Investigator notes
- Web pages
- Publications including books and articles
- Criminal and quasi-criminal
If it relates to services for the pro per client or services for attorneys, we can probably help. Just ask. We work with multiple experts, attorneys, investigators, and other criminal defense specialists.